1. Ames BN. A role for supplements in optimizing health: the metabolic tune-up. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004 Mar 1;423(1):227-34. [PMID: 14989256]
2. Toffanello ED, Inelmen EM, Minicuci N, et al. Ten-year trends in vitamin intake in free-living healthy elderly people: the risk of subclinical malnutrition. J Nutr Health Aging. 2011 Feb;15(2):99-103. [PMID: 21365161]
3. Block G, Jensen CD, Norkus EP, et al. Usage patterns, health, and nutritional status of long-term multiple dietary supplement users: a cross-sectional study. Nutr J. 2007 Oct 24;6:30. [PMID: 17958896]
4. Fletcher RH, Fairfield KM. Vitamins for chronic disease prevention in adults: clinical applications. JAMA. 2002 Jun 19;287(23):3127-29. [PMID: 12069676]
5. Moshfegh AJ, Goldman JD, Ahuja JK, et al. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. What we eat in America, Nhanes 2005-2006. Usual nutrient intakes from food and water compared to 1997 dietary reference intakes for vitamin D, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Place/12355000/pdf/0506/usual_nutrient_intake_vitD_ca_phos_mg_2005-06.pdf Published July 2009. Accessed February 22, 2011.
6. What we eat in America. WIN Notes. Weight Control Information Network. http://win.niddk.nih.gov/notes/winter99/artcl6.htm. Accessed July 22, 2011.
7. Milk Processor Education Program. What America’s Missing: A 2011 Report on the Nation’s Nutrient Gap. Why Milk.com. http://www.whymilk.com/pdfs/what_americas_missing.pdf. Accessed August 3, 2011.
8. Alexy U, Libuda L, Mersmann S, Kersting M. Convenience foods in children’s diet and association with dietary quality and body weight status. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011 Feb;65(2):160-66. [PMID: 21139631]
9, Kiyose C, Muramatsu R, Kameyama Y, et al. Biodiscrimination of alpha-tocopherol stereoisomers in humans after oral administration. Am J Clin Nutr. 1997 Mar;65(3):785-89. [PMID: 9062530]
10. Burton GW, Traber MG, Acuff RV, et al. Human plasma and tissue alpha-tocopherol concentrations in response to supplementation with deuterated natural and synthetic vitamin E. Am J Clin Nutr. 1998 Apr;67(4):669-84. [PMID: 9537614]
11. Venn BJ, Green TJ, Moser R, et al. Comparison of the effect of low-dose supplementation with L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate or folic acid on plasma homocysteine: a randomized placebo-controlled study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2003 Mar;77(3):658-62. [PMID: 12600857]
12. Sallares J, Petschen I, Camps X, inventors; Ferrar Internacional, S.A., applicant. Process for the production of methylcobalamin. International publication number [English] WO 2006100059 A1. September 28, 2006
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.