1. Sufka KJ, Roach JT, Chambliss WG Jr, et al. Anxiolytic properties of botanical extracts in the chick social separation-stress procedure. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2001 Jan 1;153(2):219-24. [PMID: 11205422]
2. LaValle JB, Hawkins EB. Botanicals in dietary supplements: Stress and anxiety: the potential benefit of a proprietary combination of magnolia and phellodendron extracts. Dana Point, CA: Integrative Health Resources; 2013:1-15. http://www.nextpharmaceuticals.com/stage/pdfs/Relora%20Article-2013 LaValle.pdf. Accessed February 22, 2015.
3. Talbott SM, Talbott JA, Pugh M. Effect of Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense (Relora®) on cortisol and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013 Aug 7;10(1):37. [PMID: 23924268]
4. Garrison R, Chambliss WG. Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron extract on weight management: a pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Altern Ther Health Med. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):50-54. [PMID: 16454147]
5. Kalman DS, Feldman S, Feldman R, et al. Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron extract on stress levels in healthy women: a pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Nutr J. 2008 Apr 21;7:11. [PMID: 18426577]
6. Pingali U, Pilli R, Fatima N. Effect of standardized aqueous extract of Withania somnifera on tests of cognitive and psychomotor performance in healthy human participants. Pharmacognosy Res. 2014 Jan;6(1):12-18. [PMID: 24497737]
7. Chengappa KN, Bowie CR, Schlicht PJ, et al. Randomized placebo-controlled adjunctive study of an extract of withania somnifera for cognitive dysfunction in bipolar disorder. J Clin Psychiatry. 2013 Nov;74(11):1076-83. [PMID: 24330893]
8. Auddy B, Hazra J, Mitra A, et al. A standardized Withania somnifera extract significantly reduces stress-related parameters in chronically stressed humans; a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. JANA. 2008;11(1):50-56. http://www.lifeforce.net/pdfs/withania_review.pdf. Accessed February 23, 2015.
9. Pingali U, Pilli R, Fatima N. Effect of Withania somnifera extract on mental stress induced changes in hemodynamic properties and arterial wave reflections in healthy subjects. Curr Top Nutraceutical Res. 2013;11(4):151-158. [on file]
10. Pingali U, Fatima N, Kumar CU, et al. Evaluation of a highly standardized Withania somnifera extract on endothelial dysfunction and biomarkers of oxidative stress in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled study. Int J Ayur Pharma Research. 2014;2(3):22-32. http://ijapr.in/articles/research/231482.pdf. Accessed February 23, 2015.
11. Nobre AC, Rao A, Owen GN. L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008;17 Suppl 1:167-8. [PMID: 18296328]
12. Tian X, Sun L, Gou L, et al. Protective effect of l-theanine on chronic restraint stress-induced cognitive impairments in mice. Brain Res. 2013 Mar 29;1503:24-32. [PMID: 23395732]
13. Unno K, Tanida N, Ishii N, et al. Anti-stress effect of theanine on students during pharmacy practice: positive correlation among salivary α-amylase activity, trait anxiety and subjective stress. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2013 Oct;111:128-35. [PMID: 24051231]
14. Yoto A, Motoki M, Murao S, et al. Effects of L-theanine or caffeine intake on changes in blood pressure under physical and psychological stresses. J Physiol Anthropol. 2012 Oct 29;31:28. [PMID: 23107346]
15. Lyon MR, Kapoor MP, Juneja LR. The effects of L-theanine (Suntheanine®) on objective sleep quality in boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Altern Med Rev. 2011 Dec;16(4):348-54. [PMID: 22214254]
16. Miura T, Takagi S, Ishida T. Management of diabetes and its complications with banaba (lagerstroemia speciosa l.) and corosolic acid. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:871495. [PMID: 23082086]
17. Miura T, Itoh Y, Kaneko T, et al. Corosolic acid induces GLUT4 translocation in genetically type 2 diabetic mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004 Jul;27(7):1103-05. [PMID: 15256748]
18. Rollinger JM, Kratschmar DV, Schuster D, et al. 11beta-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 inhibiting constituents from Eriobotrya japonica revealed by bioactivity-guided isolation and computational approaches. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010 Feb 15;18(4):1507-15. [PMID: 20100662]
19. Dushkin M, Khrapova M, Kovshik G, et al. Effects of rhaponticum carthamoides versus glycyrrhiza glabra and punica granatum extracts on metabolic syndrome signs in rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014 Jan 20;14:33. [PMID: 24444255]
20. Kokoska L, Janovska D. Chemistry and pharmacology of Rhaponticum carthamoides: a review. Phytochemistry. 2009 May;70(7):842-55. [PMID: 19457517]
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.